USANUnity, Stability, & Advocacy for NY
USAN representatives work in every area of the entertainment and media industries and are committed to fighting for living wages, protections against emerging technologies, and safe work environments for SAG-AFTRA members across all media.
USAN VOTER GUIDE
for illustrative purposes only
USAN Audio Voter's Guide
Why Vote USAN
Here’s what you get with our candidates:
- Responsible and progressive leadership with integrity. USAN understands that our TRUE adversaries are the multinational corporations that we negotiate with for every contract, not each other.
- Transparency with the membership. USAN believes in a union that communicates honestly with its membership.
- A diversity of working professionals working for you – to bring you more opportunities to keep you working, to keep SAG-AFTRA strong, and to be the model for other unions in this country and around the world.
We are dedicated to:
- Being a powerful advocate for anyone who works in front of a camera or behind a microphone.
- Strengthening ties with organized labor especially our sister entertainment unions to enhance our bargaining power.
- A true national and united SAG-AFTRA, where all the voices in all categories in all locals are seen, heard and counted.
- Bringing more work back to the U.S. with real-world solutions.
- Finding creative approaches to organizing new work across the country.
- Fighting the encroachment of non-union work.
- Franchising and regulating our agents.
- Stabilizing SAG-AFTRA’s long-term fiscal health.
- Working with our foundations to increase our career programming, scholarships, health and emergency assistance and provide opportunities through our on camera, voiceover and computer labs for members.
- Creating legislative tax initiatives to grow work in New York and keep more of your money in your pocket.
USAN Leadership History
USAN was formed by New York members of legacy SAG and AFTRA who were dedicated to merger, to “Uniting Screen Actors Nationwide”. In the decade since its founding, we have successfully served our constituents by supporting and cultivating leaders committed to Unity, Stability, and Advocacy for the New York local.
We remain grounded in the original founding philosophy that a strong national union requires the voices of all categories in all locals to be seen, heard, and counted.
MAKE A DONATION
WHY SHOULD I DONATE?
Your donation is a direct investment in your own career, by helping to elect our extraordinary team of smart, committed and working members who rely on our contracts and our pension and health benefits just like you.
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?
Getting our message out to over 35,000 NY members costs real money. Your investment will go directly to getting campaign materials into the hands of SAG-AFTRA members.
Personal credit cards or accounts only! We can NOT accept donations from business cards or accounts. By pressing the donate button, you are attesting this is from a personal account, and not made by or on behalf of any employer, production company or agency interests.